To prohibit Federal funding of National Public Radio and the use of Federal funds to acquire radio content.
Rule Hearing Information:
To watch this hearing, click here.
For more information on the hearing, click here.
- Text of H.R. 1076 — To prohibit Federal funding of National Public Radio and the use of Federal funds to acquire radio content (as reported) [PDF][XML]
- For a copy of the rule, click here.
For a copy of H.Res 174, click here.
For a copy of H.Rept 112-35, click here.
|#3||Version 1||Amash (MI)||Republican||Would take the savings from the Act and transfer it to the Treasury to reduce the public debt. As written, H.R. 1076 retains that funding and allows the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and fund recipients to spend the funds for other purposes.||Submitted|
|#1||Version 1||McGovern (MA)||Democrat||Would require a GAO study on the expenditures by all Federal agencies of all Federal funds for advertising on television or radio.||Submitted|
|#2||Version 1||McGovern (MA)||Democrat||Would prohibit funds from any Federal agency from being used to advertise on Fox News Channel or foxnews.com.||Submitted|
Rule Information for H.R. 1076
REPORTED BY A RECORD VOTE of 6-5 on Wednesday, March 16, 2011.
FLOOR ACTION ON H.RES. 174:
Adopted by record vote of 236-181, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 233-179, on Thursday, March 17, 2011.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides one hour of general debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Energy and Commerce.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that the bill shall be considered as read.
5. Provides that all points of order against provisions in the bill are waived.
6. Provides one motion to recommit.