To reduce Federal spending and the deficit by terminating taxpayer financing of presidential election campaigns and party conventions
Rule Hearing Information:
To watch this hearing, click here.
For more information on the hearing, click here.
- Text of H.R. 359 — To reduce Federal spending and the deficit by terminating taxpayer financing of presidential election campaigns and party conventions. [PDF]
- Amendment Process Announcement for H.R. 359
- For a copy of the rule, click here.
For a copy of H.Res. 54, click here.
For a copy of H.Rept. 112-5, click here.
Rule Information for H.R. 359
REPORTED BY A RECORD VOTE of 7-4 on Tuesday, January 25, 2011.
Adopted by voice vote, after agreeing to the previous question by record vote of 234-178, on Wednesday, January 26, 2011.
1. Modified open rule.
2. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
3. The resolution provides one hour of general debate equally divided among and controlled by the chairmen and ranking minority membersofthe Committee on Ways and Means and the Committee on House Administration.
4. After general debate the bill shall be considered for amendment under the five-minute rule for a period not to exceed five hours. The bill shall be considered as read.
5. Provides that all points of order against provisions in the bill are waived.
6. Make in order only those amendments that have been preprinted in the Congressional Record or pro forma amendments for the purpose of debate. Provides that each amendment printed in the Congressional Record may be offered only by the Member who cause it to be printed or a designee, and that each amendment shall be considered as read.
7. Provides one motion to recommit with or without instructions.