The Committee on Rules will meet on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM EDT in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
- H.R. 2062—Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act
- S.J. Res. 13—Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission relating to "Update of Commission's Conciliation Procedures".
- S.J. Res. 14—Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Environmental Protection Agency relating to "Oil and Natural Gas Sector: Emission Standards for New, Reconstructed, and Modified Sources Review".
- S.J. Res. 15—Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Office of the Comptroller of Currency relating to “National Banks and Federal Savings Associations as Lenders".
- H.R. 239—Equal Access to Contraception for Veterans Act
- H.R. 1443—LGBTQ Business Equal Credit Enforcement and Investment Act
The Committee on Rules is following guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP) that requires all individuals who are not fully-vaccinated to wear face coverings and to maintain social distancing separations, which may not be possible in H-313 due to space constraints.
Members intending to join the proceeding virtually should notify the Committee’s majority staff as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for connecting via the Cisco WebEx platform.
June 16, 2021
AMENDMENT PROCESS FOR
H.R. 2062 – Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act of 2021
The Committee on Rules is likely to meet the week of June 21 to grant a rule that may provide a structured amendment process for floor consideration of H.R. 2062, the Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act of 2021.
Any Member wishing to offer an amendment must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s website by 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 21, 2021. Please note that staff must be on the House network, either physically or remotely via virtual private network (VPN), in order to access the online submission form.
Members should draft their amendments to the text of Rules Committee Print 117-6, which contains the text of H.R. 2062, as ordered reported by the Committee on Education and Labor, which is available on the Rules Committee website.
Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format. Members should also check with the Congressional Budget Office for a preliminary assessment of their amendments’ budgetary effects. Finally, Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Ismail of the Committee staff at (202) 225-9091.
James P. McGovern
Committee on Rules
The Committee on Rules will meet today, Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 12:15 PM EDT via Cisco Webex on the following emergency measure:
- S. 475—Juneteenth National Independence Day Act
This proceeding will be streamed live on rules.house.gov. Information will be provided separately to Members on how to join via the Cisco Webex platform.