As prepared for delivery:
Good afternoon. Today’s hearing covers three items. The first I’ll discuss is our emergency measure, the Continuing Appropriations and Border Security Enhancement Act.
As prepared for delivery:
Good afternoon. In America, we understand that freedom is not guaranteed. A strong national defense is not a mere option—but a constitutional duty. It’s an imperative that has been secured by the collective sacrifice of those part of the armed forces generation after generation.
The Committee on Rules will meet Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 4:00 PM ET in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
- H.R. 6914 – Pregnant Students’ Rights Act
- H.R. 6918 – Supporting Pregnant and Parenting Women and Families Act
- H. Res. ___ – (H. Rept. 118-___) – Report to accompany the Resolution Recommending that the House of Representatives Find Robert Hunter Biden in Contempt of Congress for Refusal to Comply with a Subpoena Duly Issued by the Committee on the Judiciary
- H. Res. ___ – (H. Rept. 118-___) – Report to accompany the Resolution Recommending that the House of Representatives Find Robert Hunter Biden in Contempt of Congress for Refusal to Comply with a Subpoena Duly Issued by the Committee on Oversight and Accountability
- H. Res. 957 – Denouncing the Biden administration's open-borders policies, condemning the national security and public safety crisis along the southwest border, and urging President Biden to end his administration's open-borders policies.
The Committee on Rules will meet on Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 4:00 PM ET in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
- H.R. 788 - Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act of 2023
- H.J. Res. 98 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the National Labor Relations Board relating to "Standard for Determining Joint Employer Status".
- S.J. Res. 38 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Highway Administration relating to "Waiver of Buy America Requirements for Electric Vehicle Chargers".
H.R. 788 – Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act of 2023
The Committee on Rules may meet the week of January 8th to provide for floor consideration of H.R. 788.
If a Member wishes to offer an amendment for consideration, they must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s website by 5:00 PM on Friday, January 5, 2024. Please note that staff must be on the House network, either physically or remotely via virtual private network (VPN), in order to access the online submission form.
Members should draft their amendments to the text of Rules Committee Print 118-18, which is available on the Rules Committee website.
Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format. Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Ackerman of the Committee staff at Emily.Ackerman@mail.house.gov or at 202-225-9191.
House Committee on Rules