The Committee on Rules will meet Monday, February 6, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
- H.R. 185 — To terminate the requirement imposed by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for proof of COVID-19 vaccination for foreign travelers, and for other purposes.
- H.J. Res. 24 — Disapproving the action of the District of Columbia Council in approving the Local Resident Voting Rights Amendment Act of 2022.
- H.J. Res. 26 — Disapproving the action of the District of Columbia Council in approving the Revised Criminal Code Act of 2022.
H.R. 185 – To terminate the requirement imposed by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for proof of COVID-19 vaccination for foreign travelers, and for other purposes.
The Committee on Rules may meet the week of February 6th to provide for floor consideration of H.R. 185.
If a Member wishes to offer an amendment for consideration, they must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s website by 10:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023. Please note that staff must be on the House network, either physically or remotely via virtual private network (VPN), in order to access the online submission form.
Members should draft their amendments to the text of H.R. 185, which is available on the Rules Committee website.
Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format. Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act. If you have any questions, please contact Steve Waskiewicz of the Committee staff at Steve.Waskiewicz@mail.house.gov or at 202-225-9191.
House Committee on Rules
The Committee on Rules will reconvene at 6:30 PM EST today, Tuesday, January 31, 2023. At that time, the Committee will consider the following emergency measure:
- H. Res. 76 – Removing a certain Member from a certain standing committee of the House
The Committee stands in recess subject to the call of the Chair.
The Committee on Rules will meet Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 2:00 PM EST in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:
- H. Con. Res. 9 – Denouncing the horrors of socialism.