Get the latest updates from the Committee on Rules.
H.J. Res. 44 - Further Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
REPORTED BY VOICE VOTE on Monday, February 28, 2011.
1. Closed rule.
2. Waives all points of order against consideration of the joint resolution.
3. Provides that the joint resolution shall be considered as read.
4. Provides that all points of order against provisions in the joint resolution are waived.
5. Provides one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Appropriations.
6. Provides one motion to recommit.
Motion by Mr. Hastings of Florida to amend the rule to H.J. Res. 44 to make in order and provide the appropriate waivers for amendment #1, offered by Rep. Norton (DC), which would permit the District of Columbia to expend local funds after March 18, 2011. Defeated 4-8.
Motion by Mr. Polis to amend the rule to H.J. Res. 44 to make in order and provide the appropriate waivers for amendment #2, offered by Rep. Dicks (WA), which would cut $1 billion from census programs and restore $577 million to education programs. Defeated 4-8