Get the latest updates from the Committee on Rules.
H.R. 1301 - Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2017
REPORTED BY VOICE VOTE on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
1. Closed rule.
2. Provides one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Appropriations.
3. Waives all points of order against consideration of the bill.
4. Provides that the bill shall be considered as read.
5. Waives all points of order against provisions in the bill.
6. Provides one motion to recommit.
7. Provides that the chair of the Committee on Appropriations may insert in the Congressional Record not later than Wednesday, March 8, 2017, such material as he may deem explanatory of H.R. 1301.
Amendments (click headers to sort)
|3||Version 1||Gallego (AZ)||Democrat||Prevents changes to current policies governing the enlistment of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals beneficiaries||Submitted|
|1||Version 1||Lee, Barbara (CA)||Democrat||Prohibits funding for U.S. combat troops in Syria.||Submitted|
|2||Version 1||Lee, Barbara (CA)||Democrat||Prohibits the funding for the 2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) beginning on September 30, 2017.||Submitted|
Motion by Mr. McGovern to make in order and provide the appropriate waivers to amendment #2, offered by Rep. Lee (CA), which prohibits the funding for the 2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force (AUMF) beginning on September 30, 2017. Defeated: 3–7