Chairman McGovern Announces Roundtable Examining Food as Medicine
Chairman McGovern Responds to Circuit Court Ruling Dismissing House Republicans’ Appeal Challenging Remote Voting
Chairman McGovern Announces Delegates to Join Rules Committee Roundtable Examining Hunger in U.S. Territories
Sixth in a series of events examining the steps Congress and the Biden administration could take to finally end food insecurity in this country
The Committee on Rules will meet on Monday, September 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM EDT in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
- H.R. 3755— Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021
- H.R. _____— An act making continuing appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2022, and for providing emergency assistance, and for other purposes
- H.R. 4350— National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022
- Pursuant to guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), all individuals in H-313 are required to wear a well-fitted, medical grade, filtration face mask, except for Members while under recognition.
- Members intending to join the proceeding virtually should notify the Committee’s majority staff as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for connecting via the Cisco WebEx platform.
September 7, 2021
AMENDMENT PROCESS FOR
H.R. 4350 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022
The Committee on Rules is likely to meet the week of September 20 to grant a rule that may provide a structured amendment process for floor consideration of H.R. 4350 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022.
Any Member wishing to offer an amendment must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s website by 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. Please note that staff must be on the House network, either physically or remotely via virtual private network (VPN), in order to access the online submission form.
Members should draft their amendments to the text of Rules Committee Print 117-13 showing the text of H.R. 4350 as reported by the Committee on Armed Services, which is available on the Rules Committee website.
Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format. Members should also check with the Congressional Budget Office for a preliminary assessment of their amendments’ budgetary effects. Finally, Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Ismail of the Committee staff at 202-225-9091.
James P. McGovern
Committee on Rules
The Committee on Rules will meet on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 12:30 PM EDT in H-313, The Capitol for further consideration of the following measures:
- S. Con. Res. 14—Setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2022 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2023 through 2031.
- H.R. 4—John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021
- Senate Amendment to H.R. 3684—Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
Pursuant to guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), all individuals in H-313 are required to wear a well-fitted, medical grade, filtration face mask, except for Members while under recognition.
Members intending to join the proceeding virtually should notify the Committee’s majority staff as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for connecting via the Cisco WebEx platform.