Chairman McGovern Brings Updated Heroes Act to the House Floor After Months of Republican Obstruction on COVID Relief
Chairman McGovern Opens Debate on Rule to Fulfill Our Responsibilities at Home and Abroad
Chairman McGovern Opens Debate on Bill to Reverse the Trump Administration’s Sabotage of the Postal Service
The Committee on Rules will meet on Monday, February 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM EST in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:
- H.R. 3967—Honoring our PACT Act of 2021
- Pursuant to updated guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), mask wear is now optional for individuals in H-313.
- Members intending to join the proceeding virtually should notify the Committee’s majority staff as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for connecting via the Cisco WebEx platform.
This notice was originally sent with the below note:
- Pursuant to guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), all individuals in H-313 are required to wear a well-fitted, medical grade, filtration face mask, except for Members while under recognition.
February 18, 2022
AMENDMENT PROCESS FOR
H.R. 3967 – Honoring our PACT Act of 2021
The Committee on Rules is likely to meet the week of February 28, 2022, to grant a rule that may provide a structured amendment process for floor consideration of H.R. 3967, the Honoring our PACT Act of 2021.
Any Member wishing to offer an amendment must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s website by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 24, 2022. Please note that staff must be on the House network, either physically or remotely via virtual private network (VPN), in order to access the online submission form.
Members should draft their amendments to the text of Rules Committee Print 117-33, showing the text of H.R. 3967, as ordered reported by the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, with modifications, which is available on the Rules Committee website.
Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format. Members should also check with the Congressional Budget Office for a preliminary assessment of their amendments’ budgetary effects. Finally, Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act. If you have any questions, please contact Rose Laughlin of the Committee staff at 202-225-9091.
James P. McGovern
Committee on Rules
The Committee on Rules will also meet today, February 7, 2022 during its ongoing meeting via Cisco Webex on the following emergency measure:
- H.R. 6617—Further Additional Extending Government Funding Act
The Committee on Rules will meet on Monday, February 7, 2022 at 2:00 PM EST via Cisco Webex on the following measure:
- H.R. 3076—Postal Service Reform Act of 2021
This proceeding will be streamed live on rules.house.gov. Information will be provided separately to Members on how to join via the Cisco Webex platform.
Members intending to testify during this meeting should notify the Rules Committee of their interest in order to receive instructions on how to participate.