WASHINGTON, DC —Rules Committee Chairman James P. McGovern (D-MA) today welcomed new members appointed to the committee for the 116th Congress. Four members were appointed this morning, including Rep. Jamie Raskin (MD-08), Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon (PA-05), Rep. Joseph D. Morelle (NY-25), and Rep. Donna E. Shalala (FL-27).
WASHINGTON, DC —In a series of speeches today on the House Floor, Rules Committee Chairman James P. McGovern (D-MA) began consideration of the rules package for the 116th Congress. These historic reforms will modernize Congress, create a more accommodating legislative process, and hold the Trump Administration accountable on day one of this new Congress.
Pelosi and McGovern Unveil Details of Rules Package for the 116th Congress
The Committee on Rules will meet on Monday, December 16, 2019 at 5:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:
- H.R. 5377 — Restoring Tax Fairness for States and Localities Act
The Committee on Rules’ Subcommittee on Legislative and Budget Process will meet on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 10:30 AM in H-313, The Capitol on the following:
- Solving an Epidemic: Addressing human trafficking around major events like the Super Bowl and the need for cross-jurisdictional solutions [Original Jurisdiction Hearing]
**PLEASE NOTE: Witnesses for this hearing will be by invitation only.
The Committee on Rules will also meet on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 3:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following emergency measure:
- Conference report to accompany S. 1790 — National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 (H. Rept. 116-333)
The Committee on Rules will also meet on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 on the following measure, with consideration not beginning before 3:45 PM:
- H.R. 5038 — Farm Workforce Modernization Act of 2019
The Committee on Rules will meet on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 3:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:
- H.R. 3 — Lower Drug Costs Now Act of 2019 [Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act]