Pelosi and McGovern Unveil Details of Rules Package for the 116th Congress
WASHINGTON, DC — Congressman James P.
McGovern Reacts to Democratic Caucus Approving his Nomination to Serve as Chairman of the House Rules Committee
The Committee on Rules will meet on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 3:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:
- H. Res. ___ — Directing certain committees to continue their ongoing investigations as part of the existing House of Representatives inquiry into whether sufficient grounds exist for the House of Representatives to exercise its Constitutional power to impeach Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America, and for other purposes. [Original Jurisdiction Markup]
The Committee on Rules will still meet today at 5:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
- H. Res. 296 — Affirming the United States record on the Armenian Genocide.
- H.R. 823 — Colorado Outdoor Recreation and Economy Act
- H.R. 1373 — Grand Canyon Centennial Protection Act
- H.R. 2181 — Chaco Cultural Heritage Area Protection Act of 2019
The Committee on Rules’ consideration of the following measure is postponed subject to the call of the Chair:
- H.R. 4695 — Protect Against Conflict by Turkey Act [The Majority Leader has announced H.R. 4695 will be considered under suspension of the Rules.]
The Committee on Rules will meet on Monday, October 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM in H-313, The Capitol on the following measures:
October 22, 2019
AMENDMENT PROCESS FOR
H.R. 2181–Chaco Cultural Heritage Area Protection Act of 2019
The Committee on Rules is likely to meet the week of October 28 to grant a rule that may provide a structured amendment process for floor consideration of H.R. 2181 – Chaco Cultural Heritage Area Protection Act of 2019.
Any Member wishing to offer an amendment must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s website. Members must also submit 20 hard copies of the amendment, one copy of a brief factual summary of the amendment, and an amendment login form to the Rules Committee in room H-312 of the Capitol by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019. Both electronic and hard copies must be received by the date and time specified. Members should draft their amendments to the text of the text of H.R. 2181, as reported by the Committee on Natural Resources, and which is available on the Rules Committee website.
Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format. Members should also check with the Congressional Budget Office for a preliminary assessment of their amendments’ budgetary effects. Finally, Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act. If you have any questions, please contact Matthew Price of the Committee staff at 225-9091.
James P. McGovern
Committee on Rules