Chairman Jim McGovern Leads All 25 House Committee Chairs Urging Biden Administration to Convene Hunger Conference
Chairman McGovern Announces Roundtable Examining Food as Medicine
Chairman McGovern Responds to Circuit Court Ruling Dismissing House Republicans’ Appeal Challenging Remote Voting
The Committee on Rules will meet on Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 1:30 AM EST via Cisco Webex on the following emergency measures:
- Senate Amendment to H.R. 2471—Haiti Development, Accountability, and Institutional Transparency Initiative Act [Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022]
- H.J. Res. 75—Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2022
- H.R. 6968—Suspending Energy Imports from Russia Act
Members intending to join the proceeding virtually should notify the Committee’s majority staff as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for connecting via the Cisco WebEx platform.
March 10, 2022
Member Day Hearing on Proxy Voting and Remote Committee Proceedings as Established by H. Res. 965 of the 116th Congress
On Thursday, March 17, 2022, at 9:00 AM EDT, the Committee on Rules will meet to hear from Members about how proxy voting and remote committee proceedings have worked over the past twenty-two months, how they have helped Congress safely operate through the public health emergency, and whether these tools have utility beyond the public health emergency. I invite you to provide testimony on your experiences and views on this important matter.
The hearing will be held in H-313, however any member wishing to testify but unable to participate in-person is welcome to do so virtually. Democratic Members wishing to testify should contact Nate Perkins on the majority staff and Republican Members wishing to testify should contact Hannah Gill on the minority staff , each by 5pm on Monday, March 14, 2022.
If you have any questions about this Member Day hearing, please contact Caitlin Hodgkins of the Rules Committee majority staff .
The Committee looks forward to hearing your testimony.
James P. McGovern
Committee on Rules
The Committee on Rules will meet on Monday, February 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM EST in H-313, The Capitol on the following measure:
- H.R. 3967—Honoring our PACT Act of 2021
- Pursuant to updated guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), mask wear is now optional for individuals in H-313.
- Members intending to join the proceeding virtually should notify the Committee’s majority staff as soon as possible in order to receive instructions for connecting via the Cisco WebEx platform.
This notice was originally sent with the below note:
- Pursuant to guidance from the Office of the Attending Physician (OAP), all individuals in H-313 are required to wear a well-fitted, medical grade, filtration face mask, except for Members while under recognition.